Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday, January 8, 2018

Hello!  Quick Update!

Last Monday we were able to hike Thunderbird Falls with the sister missionaries, including my Day One MTC Companion, Sister Jewel!  So fun to see her again and catch up!  The Falls were so beautiful and just another reason why I love Alaska SO MUCH!  It's about the 1,752 reason why.  I'll make sure to send lots of pics!  We made it back without anyone falling in, miracle in and of itself!

 Hike to Thunderbird Falls


Sister Wilden, me, Sister Spencer, and Sister Kimball lifting big chunks of solid ice



 Such a fun P-Day with the sister missionaries celebrating Sister Jewel and my birthdays.  (Bottom L to R)--Sisters Spencer, Wilden, Fa'anunu, me (Back L to R)--Sisters Melton, Dunlop, Jewel, Wilden, Burdick, and Kimball

Gerard is doing amazing!  We had two incredible lessons with him this past week on the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  It has been incredible to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ in action, in truly changing his life.  We have noticed the change, and more importantly he has recognized it.  He told us yesterday that he has just felt much happier, peaceful, and feels like he has a purpose in life now.  He showed up to church with a white shirt and tie yesterday, which made Sister Spencer and me just so happy!

We also met with one of our potentials, Jessica, and had dinner with them this week.  She has been coming to church for months with her returning LA boyfriend and is seriously my soul sister.  We clicked Day 1, mainly because she's vegetarian and we love all the same things, Haha.  Anyway, we had an amazing spiritual thought (the spirit was so strong) and we felt like we needed to invite her to take the lessons, and so we did, and she said, "YES!"  We will be meeting with her this week.

Kassandra and her family are doing awesome!  Sadly she got called into work a bunch this week and we weren't able to meet in person, but we talked a ton over the phone and she and her family are doing SO good!  We are meeting with them this week.

We also had Zone Conference this last week.  I know I have said this a thousand times, but, man, I surely do love President and Sister Toone.  They are truly some of my favorite people.  We had such an incredible Zone Conference, and it has been so cool as we receive more and more amazing tools to see how the Lord is truly hastening His work.  One of the things that our mission president invited us to do was to come to know the worth of our soul.  As we come to know the worth of our soul, we are able to understand and recognize the worth of everyone's souls.  It has been something I have been focusing on lately and trying to study, and come to know sincerely and truly.  

I want to share with you a quote that has kept coming to my mind by our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

"God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve it.  It is simply always there."  

As I have thought about the worth of my soul, I have thought so much about who I am, and that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father.  We were created in His image.  He loves me and each and everyone of us, no matter whether we feel we deserve His love or not.  He loves us unconditionally and truly the worth of our soul is great in His sight.

As I have been thinking and pondering about the worth of our souls, and our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson, I am so very thankful for the knowledge of the Restored Gospel.  For the blessing of Latter-day prophets and continued revelation.  For Thomas S. Monson and the truly incredible life he lived and example he set.  The love he had for the Gospel, Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father.  The knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  And, for the wonderful opportunity to have the Book of Mormon.  

I often think of the last talk President Thomas S. Monson gave on the power of the Book of Mormon, and I am just filled with so much gratitude for the Book of Mormon to lead and guide us in this day, was well as for the powerful testimony he bore.  This is the true church, and I know that God lives and loves us so very individually, and so does his son, Jesus Christ. 


Here's the link to Pres. Thomas Monson's talk in General Conference, April 2017: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/04/the-power-of-the-book-of-mormon?lang=eng
 
Love you all!
Sister McKenna Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment