Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Monday, February 12, 2018

Happy Days!!

Hello!
Happy days cause it's getting so bright out...still cold and windy, but the sun has been shining so bright!  Also, because the Lord is so aware of these people here, and His hand is so evident in this work!

We had such a wonderful week and met so many incredible people.  We did a lot of finding and definitely saw miracles from our work.  It always amazes me how, as you listen to the promptings of the spirit, you are led and guided to those exact people that are just so prepared, or they are led to you.

We also had some incredible lessons with our investigators this week.  Because of lack of time, I won't go into details, but I will say the spirit was SO strong with each of them.  They all just have this sincere desire to know for themselves and are really looking for the truth.  There were some incredible experiences.  I truly just love all the people we are teaching SO MUCH!  Greatest humans and families ever!  I feel so blessed that the Lord has prepared these people at this time so that I can learn and grow from them.

Yesterday, though, was literally a dream come true.  Like I said, we have been doing tons of finding through Tracting, formers, and part-members.  Along the way, we have found so many people that are members but have not been active in years, have just moved up here, AND their records never followed.  We invited them to come to church, and yesterday they just continued to walk through the doors, one right after the other.  It was so incredible!  On top of that, our incredible investigators just walked through the doors one after the other. Then to top that off, the coolest family walked in with this ward member!  Our member had met them a couple of weeks ago when she felt super inspired to pull over and help this guy whose car was broken down on the side of the road (something she said she would NEVER do).  Long story short, they became good friends, and she invited his family to come to church.  He was a member growing up, and he brought his wife and 10-year-old daughter yesterday.  They LOVED IT!  We have a lesson with them this week, and they are so excited, and we are so excited!  Seriously, coolest family ever, and they just showed up to church!

Isn't it just so cool to see how the Lord is involved with this work?  Each of our incredible investigators right now pretty much showed up to church themselves, and we met them there.  The Lord is truly preparing the hearts of the children of men at this time, and it is amazing to witness it.  

I sat there yesterday in Sacrament Meeting as we were singing the opening hymn with the biggest smile on my face as I looked out and saw all of the amazing members and investigators, and just felt so grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve.  These people here in Alaska are truly incredible, and I am so thankful for each of them.  

This is the true church...I cannot deny it.  The feeling of joy that overcame me yesterday sitting there as I looked out on these people that I can call family, and thinking about how incredible it is that we were all here to learn from one another to renew the covenants we have made, and remember our Savior Jesus Christ.  I love this Gospel, and I love being a missionary!

Also, so cool, Gerard received the Priesthood and a calling yesterday!  Happy day!  He is just glowing.  

We heard some awesome talks yesterday in Sacrament Meeting.  One of the thoughts was on the word "remembering" from Helaman 5.  The speaker shared the Hebrew definition of "remembering."  I don't remember the definition exactly but, basically, to remember is to act, and it means to act upon those things that we remember or that are brought to our remembrance.  Woah!  I thought and realized how often I remember something, or the Spirit brings something to my remembrance, and I think about it but don't ever actually do anything about it, and I do that ALOT.  I then though about the word "remember" in the Sacrament prayers, and how we can't just partake of it and remember our Savior Jesus Christ in that moment, but we need to, instead, remember Him every day and act upon those thoughts and impressions.  Anyways, that was probably a whole bunch of rambling, but I love this Gospel, I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for the infinite act of love he showed.  I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon and know that the book truly is another testament of Christ!  I love you all.  Have a great week.

Sister Lake
Anchorage Alaska Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment