Friday, March 9, 2018

March 9, 2018--Sister Lake's Return

McKenna's pictures taken at the Boise Airport when she returned home on Friday, March 9, 2018

The following tender sentiments were written about McKenna's return from her mission by her mother, Michele:

The day that McKenna came home from her mission was one of the best days of my life.  I'd never anticipated an event with such longing.  In comparing it to the birth of my babies, I think the love factor was even greater because I already knew her.  I'd known her for over 20 years.  I believe that Heavenly Father gives us these experiences to get a small glimpse into His heart.  How He feels to send us away.  And how He feels to have us return.  I will never forget the moment that I knew she was in the same room with me again.  We are meant to be family.  I've known her much longer than 20 years.  The longing, the tears, the laying on the couch in the dark and crying all washed away in that single moment.  And when I saw her face I just knew that she had served Him with all of her heart.

 Exciting moment--First sighting of Sister Lake!!!
 Coming down the escalator
 Such a beautiful, missed sister missionary
 To say her mother missed her daughter is an understatement!
 Youngest brother--Channing
 Brother--Cole
 Brother--Garner
 McKenna's very happy father
 Sweet Brielle, McKenna's younger sister
 Oldest brother--Jaden
 Special family friend--Luke Stephenson

 The greeting party of friends and family
All the siblings together once again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment