Friday, December 30, 2016

Monday, December 19, 2016

HEAT WAVE!

Hello!  We had so many tender mercies this week, and they were all such a blessing!

1.  We had a heat wave.  It got up to 30 degrees.  It felt so warm I didn't even have to wear my coat!  Such a nice break from the negative temperatures!!

2.  It snowed a TON, and miraculously I didn't crash the car!!


3.  Only three more days until the shortest day of the year (4 hours of sunlight) and after that it gets a little bit lighter each and every day.

4.  We had SO much success tracting.  We have been able to talk with so many more people and have so many return appointments!

5.  We had another incredible lesson with our investigator, Bill, where the spirit was almost overwhelming.  He read 25 chapters of the Book of Mormon within a week and had so many amazing questions.  He is really praying and seeking for that answer, and I am so excited for him.  The spirit was extremely strong, and through the spirit we were able to discern his needs and really address the concerns he had without us even knowing them.  Such a testimony builder that there is really no other way to teach than by the spirit.  I sat in that lesson and was so overwhelmed with emotion about how our Heavenly Father's hand in this work led us to Bill and blessed us with the opportunity to teach him!

6.  We have had some great success with a lot of less-active, part-member families.  It has been really fun getting to know them and start teaching them.  I love this experience so much.

 My new BFF--Blackie the Bear

7.  I have had so many times this week where the spirit testified to me that this church is true, that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God, and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet.  My testimony of Joseph Smith has been strengthened so much as I really study everything he accomplished.  I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have been given to share such an incredible message of the restored Gospel.  Each week I seem to learn more and more, and each week my love for the Gospel increases more and more.  I know that this Gospel is what brings the most joy and happiness to our lives, and as we pray and read our scriptures daily we are able to have that hope and experience the happiness this Gospel brings.  

Favorite scripture from the week is 3 Nephi 17-9:  "And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him."

Jesus Christ healed everyone!!  He healed the lame, the blind, the afflicted.  No one was excluded.  I love this scripture so much because it is the same today.  He heals everyone...no matter what you have done, the background you have had.  All he asks of us is that we come unto Him, and as we come unto Him through prayer He will heal us!!!  Our Savior, Jesus Christ, love us.  He is aware of us and knows us.  He atoned for the sins of the world so that we can be healed.  I am so thankful for this knowledge, and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to celebrate the birth of such an incredible, selfless, loving man. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to come to know Christ more and more each day, and for the opportunity we have to celebrate Him this season.  

Merry Christmas!  Thank you for all the letters, packages and emails.  I love you all and hope you have a great Christmas.  

Love, Sister Lake 


 All the missionaries refer to us as the "Hippie Duo" because we were both vegetarians before our missions, so we thought this sign was perfect for us.  AND, yes, we did knock on the back door!!
Our beloved zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment