Saturday, December 31, 2016

Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas from McKenna!

Quick update! This week was so awesome...so many highlights and so many funny stories.

Talking with my family yesterday was so fun...seriously, so good to see your wonderful faces!  We were able to go to the temple this week as a zone (such a tender mercy), and we had FOUR investigators show up to church yesterday!  It was seriously the greatest Christmas present I could have ever asked for!  It was such an amazing Christmas program and the spirit was just so strong.  We could feel it and our investigators could definitely feel it.  I could not have asked for anything more!

 Attending the temple with my zone!

After Sacrament Meeting we were able to go to our investigator's home, and they taught us how to make seafood paella...it was so AMAZING.  It was fun spending Christmas dinner with them.  I just love them so much!  

 Preparing Christmas dinner...
 Our awesome investigators and the final product!

It has been such an amazing week and such a special one being able to celebrate the birth of such an amazing man.  On my mission I have come to know my Savior more and more each and every day as I study the scriptures, and I have come to know how much He loves each and everyone of us.  I have come to realize how our Savior Jesus Christ is truly the greatest gift we could have ever been given, and I am so thankful for Him and His example that He is to me.  I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives, and I know that He atoned for the sins of the world so that we can experience that happiness and joy and peace our Heavenly Father wants for us, AND so that we can learn and grow.  I am and will be forever grateful for that knowledge, and I am so very grateful for the opportunity I had to celebrate His birth here on my mission.  

Funny story for the week...I locked the keys and the phone in the car while it was -11 degrees outside.  We were in the middle of nowhere so we had to walk for about an hour until we found someone that was home.  Then, some awesome members had to drive all the way out to pick us up, and we had a cab driver break in the car (not super funny in the moment but hilarious now!)

Love you guys so much and am so thankful for each and everyone of you!  Have such a great week!

Love, Sister Lake
 P-day fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment