Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Monday, January 2, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This week was so awesome!  We had such a busy week and we were able to teach so many lessons.  I loved it!  I still get really nervous right before every lesson, but the second I step inside our investigators' homes it seems like all the nerves go away and I just get this calming feeling.  I walk out afterwards and realize just how much I love to teach people.  

We were able to meet with a lot of less-active families that we haven't had the opportunity to meet with, which was such a blessing in itself.  We had some awesome lessons with them and have been invited to come back.  We also had some amazing lessons with some of our investigators.  

 Sister companions

We met with Heather Sharek.  We were so scared because she promised us she would be at church on Christmas with her family...never showed up...never texted us...and we were honestly so sad!  We stopped by a couple days ago and were able to have a really good lesson with her and answer some questions that she had.  We are teaching her the Plan of Salvation this week!  She has started to read the Book of Mormon, and it is cool to see how true that book is.  Anybody that sincerely reads it and prays about it will receive that answer because the promise given in Mormon 10:3-5 is true.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I am so excited for her to receive that same answer.

We also had an awesome lesson with the Ronne family.  They are such a stellar family.  I just love them so much.  Nerrissa came to church on Sunday and is just continuing to really seek to know for herself, and it has been so cool to watch as her testimony grows more and more each family.  That family is just awesome!

We have also had a lot of success tracting, which has been such a blessing.  We have been able to teach a lot of lessons from tracting which have been so fun!  We met this girl named Hannah this week and she just let us right in her home.  We showed her a video and started talking with her.  She said that lately she has been looking for a church, so we took that opportunity and taught her all about the Book of Mormon, the Restoration, and she loved it!  We are meeting again with her this Wednesday, and I am so excited.  Experiences like this are just proof that Heavenly Father is preparing people as we speak, and that through listening to the Holy Ghost and the promptings we receive, we will be led and guided to those people.

I have such a testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of each and everyone of us.  I know that he is looking out for us and this area of the world that I have been so fortunate to serve in.  He is aware of every individual here and loves them so much!  

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and His hand in this work!  I have this little jar where each day I deposit a small piece of paper where I have written how I saw God's hand in my life.  It truly is the most amazing thing to realize how much He loves us and how often He is there every step of the way. 

I love this area, and I love this mission!  I have come to realize how blessed I have been to have these experiences, along with the trials, because they have helped me become closer to my Savior Jesus Christ and helped me to know that I really truly am a child of God!

I love you all!  I know this church is true, and I am so thankful for this opportunity!  I'm so excited to see what this year has in store.  Love you so much!

Love, Sister Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment