Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Monday, January 16, 2017

First Week in the North Pole!

[Dear Friends and Family, This is Michele, McKenna's mom.  She didn't have much time to write today, so I thought I would include a few of her words to me, to let you know how she is doing.  She sent me a picture, too.  Thank you all for writing her on her birthday and for all of the kindness and support you show her.  Love you all dearly, Michele]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, hello, hello!! 
Oh, how I miss you!  I seriously feel so far away from home! 

Alright, so the NORTH POLE is crazy.  Honestly, it has been hard...it warmed up for a hot second to give us a nice blizzard because it can't snow when it's -20, and then it dropped right back down to -26 yesterday!  It's freezing here, Mom, absolutely freezing!  You have to wear face masks over your mouth and nose because breathing the extreme cold destroys your lungs.  There is so much snow and it is just painfully cold...and dark...really dark!!


The people up here are awesome; however, and I love my companion.  Seriously we get along so great!  It has been so much fun and such a blessing.  The work here is really slow, which has been hard coming from an area where we had so many investigators.  This just means we have to get to work like we did in our last area, and we will see success eventually.  

The members here are awesome!  They are so good to us and everyone is so nice!  We get to do service for Santa Claus and his reindeer every week.  I totally got head-butted by Dasher and it hurt so bad!  I'm trying my hardest to laugh every day and just enjoy this adventure as much as possible!  It has been hard, though, but I feel like I am adjusting.

Love, Sister Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment