Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday, January 23, 2017

51 DEGREES BELOW ZERO!

HELLO!

Hope you all had a wonderful week.  I don't have much to share because we were stuck inside for a whole 48 hours because the temperature reached 51 degrees below zero...but life is good up here in the North Pole.  

I think the weirdest thing I have ever experienced is walking outside and having my eyeballs feel like they are going to freeze!  The weather is freezing, but so good!  The North Pole is one of the most interesting places I have ever seen.  All of the street lamp poles are painted to look like candy canes, and everything is just covered in snow.  It has been such an adventure, and I am loving it.


We have been doing a lot of finding, as well as trying to gain the ward members' trust.  In just this last week we have seen so many miracles from the work we have put in.  We have seen the Lord's hand in our work so much!  We have been tracting and boy, oh boy, has Heavenly Father blessed us for that.  

It has been so cool this week seeing how much our Heavenly Father loves us and is aware of what we are going through.  Every single day when Sister Cox and I arrive home, we wonder how we made it through the day and somehow we always do.  I know that I would not be able to go out to work and tract and talk to people in this freezing cold if the Lord was not with me every step of the way.  It has been such a testimony builder for me knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of me.

 Sister Lake with her companion, Sister Cox

Because we had to be inside so much this last week, I also had a lot of time to read and study the Book of Mormon.  My testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith has been reaffirmed and strengthened.  I had the coolest experience this week.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God.  I have grown to love the Book of Mormon so much!  Honestly, if you need a little pick-me-up, read the Book of Mormon!  It really truly does bring the most happiness and joy into our lives!  

I love this Gospel!  I love the NORTH POLE, and I am learning to love this FREEZING cold weather!  Thanks for all of the support and love I have been shown!  Hope you have a great week!

Love, Sister Lake

P.S. If any of you were wondering...Santa Claus is NOT interested in the hearing about the Gospel, but he's super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment