Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday, April 3, 2017

Adios, Sister Cox!

Hello!
So, sad news--Sister Cox is finally escaping the North Pole and heading to the amazing and beautiful Soldotna (only slightly jealous).  Anyway, I am going to miss her so much.  She has been one of my saving graces this winter, and I am just so grateful that I was able to serve with her for two whole transfers.  My new companion is Sister Jimenez!  All I know about her is that she is from Nicaragua, and President said I will be doing language study with her.  I can barely speak English well enough, much less help her with her English, so prayers will be greatly appreciated, haha!!!  I am excited, though!  Three are many people in this ward that speak Spanish, so that will be really good.  We said a lot of goodbyes for Sister Cox, and I realized how much I love this ward!!

We also went on the most beautiful hike last P-day to a place called Angel Rocks.  Alaska is truly so beautiful, and I love the North Pole District!  

 Hike to Angel Rocks with Sister Cox on P-day

 Deep snow!

 We also did service at the Ice Park, which is an annual festival where people come from all over the world and carve ice sculptures, and they are truly incredible!!!  It is a huge deal, and people also come from all over the world just to see the sculptures.  We had some really cool opportunities to open our mouths and share with people a little bit about what we believe.  Really cool!!  

 One of the Ice Park sculptures

The Church is so true!  It is like what Elder Christofferson said yesterday, "We have everything that people need/want in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  On that note:  Conference was seriously AMAZING!!!  So many good talks and many truly inspired words.  I loved President Monson's talk so much; It was short but yet extremely powerful.  The fact that the one thing that he talked about was the Book of Mormon shows how powerful that book really is.  I have four chapters left in the Book of Mormon to read.  As I have really studied and read and looked to the book for guidance, I have come to know for myself that this book is true.  There is power in that book.  It is for US, and I am so thankful for that.

I know that this Church is true, that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today and that the words spoken yesterday by the Prophet and Apostles were truly inspired.  

I love you guys and hope you had a good Spring Break!  

Sister Lake

P.S. If you ever have the opportunity to see the Northern Lights, they are so ,so, so worth it!  These pictures really truly don't give them justice!


No comments:

Post a Comment