Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday, April 24, 2017

You Can Call Me Mrs. Clause!

Hello!
This week was another great week!  We visited with a lot of people that I really do love who are struggling with trials of life, and it was so cool to sit there with them and to feel the amount of love that our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, has for them.  As I sat there this past week with these people and listened to them as they cried, I realized how hard life can get, how hard some trials are that we might all have to face, and how alone we will feel at times.  I caught a glimpse of the love that our Heavenly Father has for them, and every one of us.  I also realized no matter how far away we feel we are, how alone we might be, and how hard life is, the scripture in 3 Nephi 17 is for all of us.  It says, 

"And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him." 

I love this scripture because whether we are physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually afflicted, our Savior, Jesus Christ, is inviting everyone of us to come unto Him, and promises that as we come unto Him we will be healed.  It is through Jesus and His atonement that we can be healed.  I have been thinking a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the power it has to heal all of us, the power it has to change our weakness into strengths, and the power it has to change our heartache into joy.  The Atonement is truly one of the greatest gifts and blessings we have been given the opportunity to use.  I know that through the Atonement and coming unto our Savior we can be healed.  I have seen it in my own life and have seen it in a lot of other people just this past week.  

We also had another really cool experience this week!  One of my favorite families I have met here finally called us, and we were able to meet with them.  We had been trying to get in touch with them and just couldn't reach them, but this past week we received a call out of nowhere.  The father said, "Hey, when can you guys come over?"  So, we set up an appointment and were able to meet with them.  I seriously love them more and more each and every time I meet with them!  They are so awesome.  They are just one of those families I instantly clicked with!  Anyways, we had an awesome visit and lesson.  At the end of the lesson, the 13-year-old girl came up and handed me her binder and said, "Look!"  Right on the front of her binder she wrote out the words to Moroni 10:3-5.  She said, "I look at the scripture and read it each time I need a little pick me up or peace in my life, and it always make me happy."  I have never been so happy!!!  This girl, who just found out about the Book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago, has already come to know of the true peace and joy and comfort that comes from studying and reading the Book of Mormon.  It was such a sweet experience.  I surely do love that family!

Also, kind of a funny story for the week:  We have this less active that we were visiting with, and we accidentally let their dog out.  So, we hopped in our car to go find him, and his name just happens to be Whisky.  So, just picture me driving with my head out of the window while I'm screaming ,"Whiskey," at the top of my lungs.  The looks I got were priceless.  Haha

Also, we tracted Santa...still not interested, but one day...planting seeds.

It was such a good week, and I wish I could tell you more, but next week...!  I love you all and am so thankful for you!

Love, Sister Lake
 The new Mrs. Claus!
 My dream of seeing a polar bear kind came true today!
 "Sleigh Parking Only"
 The one and only Santa Claus house!

No comments:

Post a Comment