Friday, July 14, 2017

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hello!

I'm writing a little late because our p-day was moved so that we could attend the temple.  Being in the temple felt so good and was exactly what I needed!  It has been about six months since I had gone, and so it was much needed.


This week has been good.  It was weird, however, not having a p-day on Monday.  We had so many meetings but are finally done for two weeks; so, we have a good break.  President Toone is seriously incredible; meetings have been such a treat because he is such an incredible teacher.  It love it!  Also, he is like my long lost twin.  I had interviews with him, and we are like the same person.  I needed him and am so thankful for that.  

He also has the greatest things to say about Grandpa Rigby.  He just can't stop saying what an amazing men he is.  Whenever he sees me, he says, "Hey, it's my favorite family."  Haha
We are dropping Pres. and Sister Toone off at the airport tomorrow.  Seriously, just such incredible people!

So, life has been good...well, up until two days ago when I woke up at 2 AM puking and continued that for the next eight hours.  I had food poisoning, which was so awful and hurt so bad; however, I had an amazing experience.  After about the third time of throwing up, I knelt down and said a prayer.  I remember this comforting feeling come over me and hearing the words in my head, "It's okay, you're not alone."  The experience was really cool.

Yes, life is so good!  I only have a little time today, but I wanted to let you know that I love you and miss you all so much...and, that I'm still alive!

Love, Sister McKenna Lake
Anchorage Alaska Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment