Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Monday, December 18, 2018

Hello!

Such a good week!  Sister Kimball was able to say some goodbyes.  I miss her, but also it is so fun that she's just down the road!  We headed into Anchorage Thursday morning and were able to go to breakfast with all of my favorite people, like Sister Cox, Oliver, Pike, Spender, and Mataele!  I miss that crew so much, but it was so fun to see them.  After that, they dropped me off at the church, and I was able to see all of my other favorite people including President and Sister Toone AND meet my NEW COMP, SISTER SPENCER!  She is seriously the greatest person ever!  She was the only sister that came out this transfer, and so we immediately knew who's comps were ours.  We had some awesome training lessons from President and the assistants, and then headed back to our areas.

 Greatest picture ever!  (the elders tried to copy our picture)
 The sisters!!! (after finishing cleaning an elders' apartment that the sisters were moving into--no comment!!!
 Sister Fa'anunu and the ginormous carrot!

It finally snowed and, as a result, our hour trip back to our area took about two hours.  We arrived there, had dinner, and then went out and knocked on some doors.  All I have to say is Sister Spencer is a champ!  She knocked on those doors and talked to those people like she's been doing it for months!  We met some awesome people who let us in--MIRACLES!  We made some return appointments, and she gave away her first Book of Mormon!  She has so much excitement and love for this work, and it's contagious!

 SISTER SPENCER (my new companion)!!

We continued to work super hard, knock on tons of doors, and met with our awesome investigators throughout the rest of the weekend.  We had some lessons that went well and some new people to start teaching, which we are so excited about!  We had a ward Christmas party Saturday and SIX of our investigators showed up!  It was SO amazing to see.  The ward just took them right in.

We had a lesson Sunday evening with one of our investigators where we taught the Restoration with a focus on Latter-day prophets.  We also shared Thomas S. Monson's talk called "The Power of the Book of Mormon," and it was so incredible.   I want to share a little part from his talk that was such a good reminder to me of the power and importance of the Book of Mormon.

"My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day.  As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven's help in our lives.  I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I have come to LOVE the Book of Mormon so much.  It has been such an amazing source of peace, guidance, and direction in my life and I am so thankful for that.  As we were talking with our investigator about the power of the Book of Mormon, the spirit was SO strong.  This is one of the last messages our prophet shared in Conference, and it was the message that our Heavenly Father needed/wanted us to hear, because of the power the Book of Mormon has in our lives and the promised blessing that we need each and every day to continue to stay faithful.  I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, and is convincing evidence that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored once again on this earth through the prophet Joseph Smith.  These promised blessing that our beloved prophet shared are real.  I have felt each of them daily as I have studied and read the Book of Mormon!  

Our Heavenly Father loves us and wants nothing more than for us to return to live with him again, and has blessed us with so many tools to make that possible, and the Book of Mormon is one of them.  I love this Gospel!  And I love this wonderful time of year that we have to celebrate the incredible life of our Savior.  How thankful I am for the life He has, loves, the amazing example He has set, and the greatest gift He has given.  

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Love, Sister Lake 

 Palmer, AK! Just on the side of the road as we were driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment