Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday, May 8, 2017

Tender Mercies!!

Hello!  

We have been doing a lot of finding this week through less actives, members, and tracting and have seen a lot of tender mercies as a result.  We received a referral from a member this week and were able to give her a call and set up an appointment for this week.  She called us back and I was able to talk to her for 45 minutes.  She shared her whole life story with me and sincerely said, "I have the desire to repent and change."  She shared how her faith in Jesus Christ has guided her through her whole life.  It was a really cool, humbling experience, and I look forward to meeting with her this week.  We also found a lot of people by tracting that we were able to have great conversations with and set up return appointments.  We're hoping to see some people we can start teaching from that.

I have learned a lot serving here and definitely learned to appreciate the littlest of things, and definitely helped me notice the many tender mercies we receive on a daily basis, even if sometimes they are hard to pick out.  Our Heavenly Father is constantly blessing us.  We just need to choose to accept and notice them.

My favorite less-actives!

Sunday was such a cool experience!  We were so excited because our investigator committed to coming, and when she didn't walk through the door it was honestly really discouraging.  I sat there in the beginning so discouraged, and then the biggest tender mercy happened!  It was Fast and Testimony Meeting this past Sunday.  Our bishop got up to being testimony meeting by sharing his testimony, and I have never felt the Spirit so strongly.  Tears were literally streaming down my face, and that Spirit continued throughout the whole meeting.  

Our bishop talked about how sometimes we're called to do things and don't know why, don't feel like we're good enough, or don't feel like we are doing it right.  Sometimes it is hard and discouraging and those feelings of inadequacy come in full force.  He said we have all felt this way, but wanted us to know that we are called to do things for a specific reason.  He also said we are called to certain callings and certain areas for a reason.  Heavenly Father is there with us every step of the way; He will not leave our side.  Yes, it's not always going to be easy, and in my case, I'm not always going to see these huge miracles, but I am doing what I am supposed to, and He will make up the rest.  

His testimony really hit home and made me realize that this is where I need to be; that what I am doing is what I am supposed to be doing, that I am not alone in this, that Heavenly Father has a plan, and if that includes finding His children and planting seeds for months or years down the line, that is where I will go.  His words were exactly what I needed to hear after a long week.  

I know that God is there for us every step of the way; He will not leave us.  He will lead us and guide us on the path we need to be.  His plan isn't always going to be what we want, but it is going to be what we need.  Serving here has taught me so many things, and it's not always what I want, but it is what Heavenly Father knows I need.  Anyway, sorry for that long rant, but I know this Church is true, that our Savior lives, and our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us.  

I love you all, Sister Lake 

The beauty of the snow melt in Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment