Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Monday, June 19, 2017

Hello!

Sister Jackson and I were able to fly into Juneau this morning for exchanges with the Juneau sisters.  My email will be a super quick one because I have only one p-day to explore the most beautiful place I have ever seen.  The flight was amazing, and I have never seen anything more beautiful.  We have a fun p-day planned and a whole day of missionary work tomorrow, which I am so excited about!  

 Flight to Juneau!

We had an awesome week!  We had an amazing sisters' meeting that Sister Jackson and I were in charge of.  Almost all of the sisters in the mission, so 20 of us, all came together and had lunch and then the meeting.  The other sisters Face Timed in!  It was so awesome, and the spirit was so strong!!  We then had trainer trainee meeting where we had the opportunity to train and that was so good!  Once again, I needed to hear those trainings.  

 Sister Lake with companion Sister Jackson and past companion Sister Johnson

Later that day, we met our new investigator, Annette!!!!  She was a referral from the Beach Lake sisters, and she is so prepared.  It was cool to be able to see how Heavenly Father has prepared her, and the experiences that she has had, to get her to the point where she is ready for the Restored Gospel, AND so humbling to realize that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to teach her.  We had an awesome lesson with her, talked about building that foundation, and how we have a loving Heavenly Father.  She bore her testimony of Heavenly Father and the love that He has for her.  I have never heard a more powerful testimony.  She is amazing.  She has been reading the Book of Mormon and is already in II Nephi and just LOVES it.  It has been so cool to listen to the excitement she has and the desire to continue to learn more.  Heavenly Father is so good.  He knows each of His children and knows who is prepared.  

We also had a lot of less actives show up to church on Sunday, and it was just amazing to see them all show up!  My bishop in North Pole always used to say, "You're doing good things, and that means good things will come."  We are definitely seeing a lot of really good things coming, and it is sooo exciting!! 

My favorite scripture from this week is Alma 36:3:  "Trust in the Lord, and all things will work out."  That is a lesson I have had to learn over and over and over again on my mission, but a lesson that I will be forever grateful for.  He loves us.  Trust in him and His great plan, and all things work out.  I'll share so much more next week, along with some beautiful places of what we like to call the promised land, aka Juneau!  Love you and miss you!

Love, Sister McKenna Lake

 Meeting with President Nelson last week
 Exchanges with Sister True.  She leaves us in t minus 9 days!
 The Hensons...One of my favorite families in my first area!!

No comments:

Post a Comment