Thursday, June 8, 2017

Monday, June 5, 2017

Hello!
Okay, so I know I say this every week, but I am out of time, so I'm sorry if this makes no sense!  I love you guys!  

I learned three very valuable lessons this week.  The first one:  Sister Lake and no sleep is a bad combo and will result in falling asleep in the middle of companion prayers, making weird random comments, and having a permanent angry face!  The second:  Sister Lake + soda at 9:00 AM = serious sugar high which = 20 minutes of my uncontrollable laughter.  I guess no sleep and a sugar high is just a bad idea. 

Okay, so for some reason going to bed by 10:30 PM is a serious struggle because we have been so busy; however, we have been working on it and have done so much better the last two days.  But, as a result I have been SO tired.  On a side note:  it has been really cool because no matter how tired I am, my alarm goes off at 6:25 AM and I have no problem getting up.  Somehow, I always make it through the day, and I know that's because Heavenly Father is giving me the strength to do it.  I am so thankful for that help!  

Second, if you know me I very rarely drink soda, like very rarely.  So, we had to go to the church to fill up the font at 8 in the morning, and then our ward mission leader came and relieved us at 9.  We were driving back to our apartment and received a referral from a member.  All the member said was she works in the morning at the gas station.  So, we stopped by and for some reason I bought a Sprite (I have no clue why I chose a soda) just so we could talk with her.  About 45 minutes later as we were planning our training for trainer trainee meeting the next morning, I got this serious sugar high and could not stop laughing for 20 minutes.  My companion thinks I'm crazy, haha.  I learned never to drink soda and that the bedtime of 10:30 is inspired.  

 MTC Companion, Sister Jewel!

We started the week off with exchanges, and I had the opportunity to go with Sister Pike, my blonde-headed twin.  We are like the same exact person, except she's blonde and I'm brunette.  We even have the same first name!  It was such a good exchange!  I learned so much from her, and she is seriously such an incredible missionary!  I have loved having the opportunity to go on exchanges and to be able to work with some of the best sisters I have ever met.  We then had the opportunity to train at trainer trainee, which was so good.  I was very nervous, but the session went very well.  I learned a lot from all the training that was given, even though I wasn't being trained or a trainer.  The spirit was really strong.  

 Sista Pike, my blonde-headed twin

Sister Jackson and I have also been working really hard trying to become acquainted with all the people on our ward list, and saw so many tiny miracles.  We were able to get in contact with many people and even meet with them.  It felt really good.  A couple of them even came to church on Sunday for the first time in forever, which was SO exciting.  We just saw many tender mercies each and every day, and I am thankful for that.  Also, the weather was so nice this week, like 70 degrees, with a nice breeze coming off the ocean, which meant EVERYONE was outside.  It was a missionary's dream come true.  We would just walk down the street and everybody would be out in their yards.  We had the opportunity to talk with many of them, which was awesome!  We are continuing to find people, and getting to know the ward.  Heavenly Father is definitely blessing us!!  

 My beautiful area!

Also, really cool--Elder Nelson is coming to Anchorage this weekend, and we as missionaries will be able to meet with him on Friday, which I am stoked about!  I was reading his talk from this last Conference, which was really good, but one part really stuck out to me, and it was when he talked about "The Living Christ."  Something I noticed in General Conference was how much "The Living Christ" was mentioned, and at that time I was working on memorizing it.  In his talk, Elder Nelson talked about coming to know our Savior, and as we do so we can draw Him into our lives.  As I have studied and read and re-read "The Living Christ," I can truly say I feel like I have come to know who my Savior is in a very real sense of the word, and I am so thankful for that.  He is our perfect example and truly love all those around him.  He lives and He loves us; I know that to be true.  If you get the chance, read that talk.  It surely is powerful.



I love you all and hope you have such a good start to summer.

Sister McKenna Lake
Anchorage Alaska Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment