Monday, October 16, 2017

Monday, October 16, 2017

Sisters Conference

Hello!

First off, it snowed this week; winter is officially here.  Pray for me!!!

We had Sisters' Conference Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tuesday was full of trainings, and we ended the night with dinner and a testimony meeting--one of the most spiritual days.  There were some amazing trainings, and we ended our incredible day on such a spiritual high with one of the most powerful testimony meetings I have ever sat in.  I sat there all day just realizing how much I LOVE these sisters.  I was literally filled with so much love for each and everyone of them, and for such a loving Heavenly Father who knew exactly what I needed at the exact time I needed it.  

 Sister Jimenez and all of her companions

 Sweet reunion!

I thought about, and realized a lot that day, how aware my Heavenly Father is of me, and how He knows me individually.  I thought back to my experience of coming on my mission.  I had it all planned out.  I was going to leave right when I turned 19.  I opened my papers and everything, but just felt like I needed to wait a little longer.  A couple of months went by, and I finally received an answer that it was the right time.  Sitting there with all of the sisters and reflecting on my mission a little, I realized why I needed to wait a little longer.  The experiences I had at home during that time was what I needed; they helped me learn and grow so much.  But, also being here at this time with mission presidents, and these sisters, and the incredible people I have met and taught, was exactly why I needed to wait a little longer.  At the time, I was so confused why I couldn't just go on my mission, and why I had to wait, but it all makes so much sense.  I'm truly grateful for such a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally.

 The entire Anchorage Alaska Mission Sisters!

Wednesday, we got to party!  We were able to go to the temple early that morning and then go on a beautiful hike.  The sisters from all over the mission flew in--first time since I have been out that all the sisters have been together!  It was so much fun.  I have lots of pictures for y'all!  It was so fun to see old companions, and good friends!

 All the sister missionaries on a hike
 The best sister missionary trio the world has ever seen!!!
 My blonde-haired, McKenna-named, hippie-loving twin
 My two favorite greenies, except they're not greenies anymore--3 months old!
 The trio with Sister Toone, Pres. Toone's wife

We trained about partaking of the fruit of the Tree of Life, which is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  God loves us so much that He sent His only begotten son.  Because of Him, we have the opportunity to become better, He can help and heal us, and we can be saved.  It is the most desirable thing we could have in this life.  Nothing in the world compares to the joy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what it brings.  I love my Savior and am very grateful for Him.  (See 1 Nephi 8, 11) It was such an amazing topic to study and talk about.  There is so much power that comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ and is essential to our everyday life, and has been essential to mine as a missionary each and every day.  My dad shared with me some of his thoughts about the Tree of Life last week, and something he said that I loved was, "It's not by chance, there is no chance in it.  It is a part of His grand design."  

We had some awesome lessons, and once again, saw so many miracles.  We were weekly planning and got to the section where we are supposed to make plans to find new investigators.  Out of nowhere a former investigator called us.  He said that he is ready to begin meeting again!  He had just run into our mission president down in King Salmon and was reminded of the happiness the Gospel truly brings in his life.  SO COOL.  We were also able to contact some other investigators and set up appointments with them as well!  SO BLESSED!!!

There was a Bush Branch fireside on Friday night in King Salmon.  We weren't able to attend, but we called in and so did four of our investigators!  Our mission president was able to travel to King Salmon and speak to them.  It was one of the largest Bush Branch gatherings there has ever been, and there were only 30 people in attendance.  It was so cool, and President and Sister Toone did AMAZING.

I'm out of time, but I love this Gospel.  I know this church is true because of many prayers and experiences where I have felt the spirit testify of the truthfulness of this wonderful Gospel.  I have also felt of the amazing love that my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ have for me.

Love you all!

Love, Sister Lake!
P.S.  Sister Cox and I got to cruise around in Bertha, aka the mission van, for a few days! 

 Cruising around in Bertha (aka, the mission van) for a few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment