Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday, February 12, 2017

THE SUN IS OUT!

Okay...I am the worst and totally ran out of time and forgot to send a weekly email out.  

Quick update:  Life is so good!  THE SUN IS OUT and Alaska is truly beautiful.  We had a couple rough days but ended the week on a day full of miracles.  Such a blessing!  Heavenly Father is aware of this area, and I am so thankful for that.  

 The Sun is out!!

We met with some incredible less-active families that I just instantly fell in love with!  We taught our two investigators this week and the meeting went really well!  They are so ready!

Something important that I came to realize this week is that happiness is a choice!  I can choose to look at the fact that I am in the coldest place ever, in the middle of nowhere, where no one answers their door--LIKE NEVER--as a hard thing, or I can choose to realize that serving in the North Pole as an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience, where I I have the opportunity to bring the light of the Gospel to the people here and see how its teachings bless so many peoples' lives.  I realized that once I started looking at things positively, there was a world of difference.  Happiness is a choice, no matter what situation we are in.  We have that choice, and that is something I have come to learn this week.

This Church is so true.  I love the Gospel and am so thankful for the blessings I have received and have been able to see others receive as well.  I LOVE the Book of Mormon, and I love the opportunity to serve a mission.  Hope you all have a great week!

Love, Sister Lake  

 No doubt about it...we are in Alaska!
 Bald eagle sitting on a telephone pole

No comments:

Post a Comment