Thursday, February 23, 2017

Monday, February 20, 2917

Jesus, take the wheel!

Hello!
We had the opportunity to have Elder Ardern from the Seventy come and visit our mission this week, and it was such an amazing experience.  We had an incredible scripture study with him, and the Spirit was just so strong.  He asked all of us to choose our favorite scripture, and then he called a few of us up to read it.  We then thoroughly studied the scripture word by word.  I was one of the lucky four chosen to share my favorite, and it was a really terrifying experience but SO cool.  

 Elder Ian S. Ardern

Funny side story--As I was walking up to the front, Elder Ardern said in his thick New Zealand accent, "You look like a very "'hippie"' missionary, and all of the missionaries started laughing.  He meant to say "happy" but said "hippie" instead.  Even the General Authorities can tell...Haha!  It was such an awesome experience though, and I am so thankful for that opportunity to share my favorite scripture.

 Zone Conference with Elder and Sister Ardern, mission president and his wife, and missionaries in the zone

Other than Elder Ardern's visit, my companion was really sick this week, and so we spent a lot of time in the doctor's office and inside our apartment, which has given me a lot of time to study and read the book, "Jesus the Christ."  

We also had an awesome experience this week with a less-active, part-member family.  A couple of weeks ago we were looking for a less-active member, and totally got lost.  We were driving down this super sketchy road in the middle of nowhere with only three homes.  All of a sudden, I felt a prompting that we needed to turn around, and so we did.  We then drive by this one house and they have a BYU football flag hanging up.  We looked in our directory but didn't have any listing of members in that area.  I said to my companion, "Let's go knock."  We did and met this guy named Dave Adams.  He is a less-active and was shocked that we found him.  He has an awesome family who aren't members, and he told us to come back.  We ate dinner with him and his family this past week, and we had such a cool evening.  They are seriously the greatest, and we are eating with them again soon.  We were able to answer so many questions they had and just got to know them.  I freaking love them!

Heavenly Father will put us where we need to be, and when we need to be there, to find those people we need to find.  He will lead us and guide us.  He is aware of each person,  what they are in need of, and when they will be prepared.  I love this Gospel and know it is true.  I love my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for the knowledge of their love for me and each and every one of us.

Love, Sister Lake
 Singing "Jesus, Take The Wheel" while driving on the icy roads

P.S.  "Jesus Take The Wheel" has been our theme song this week because of the icy roads and stuff.  Also, transfers happened and Sister Cox and I are staying together in North Pole, but our favorite Zone Leader peaced out.  Sad day!

 Additional pictures from the Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment