Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekly Email

Hello!  
This week was good; it went by really quick!  We had Zone Meeting this week and so our mission president and his wife were able to fly in, and it was really fun having them up here.  We had such an amazing meeting, and the spirit was so strong.  We focused a lot on the importance of the Sacrament, which was such a good reminder for me.  The Sacrament truly is such a blessing and gift to be able to renew those covenants we made when we were baptized.  We also had interviews with our president and his wife, and I just love them.  It was good to spend some time and just get to know them better.

 Our beloved zone!

We also had two amazing lessons with our two investigators!  I didn't realize how much I miss teaching!  The lessons went well and the spirit was very strong.  We talked about the Plan of Salvation, which was truly such a special experience.  The investigators are incredible.  This Church is so true!

Church on Sunday was AMAZING.  The testimonies that were shared were exactly what I needed.  They helped answer many of my questions.  It is so cool when Heavenly Father answers your prayers through other people, and on Sunday that is exactly what He did multiple times.

We shared with a few people that we visited this week my favorite chapter in the Book of Moron, which is 3 Nephi 17.  One of my favorite verses is Verse 9, which states, "And it came to pass that when He had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and He did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto Him." 

I love this scripture so much because our Savior is inviting us, anyone who is afflicted in any manner, to come unto Him and as we do, He promises us He will heal us.  It is so powerful knowing that as we come unto our Savior in times that we are struggling, He will heal us.  He loves us.  It has been so special being able to read this chapter and watch as the spirit touches the hearts of the people we teach, as well as my companion and me.  This church is true.  I am very thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and for my Savior and his atoning sacrifice.

I love you all!  The temperature is dropping back down to negative 50 this week, so prayers would be greatly appreciated!  Much love from the NORTH POLE and Santa and his reindeer, of course!

Love, Sister Lake
 Sister Cox and I found the first smoothie/juice bar in all of Alaska--Pure joy!!!
 Sister Lake on Lake Dr.
 Our Fig Newton cookie obsession has gotten unreal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment