Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday, November 14, 2016

From Alaska!

Hello!
So, I do not have much time this week, but it was such an awesome week.  We had the baptism for Kaylan and it was such a sweet experience!  I don't even know how to put my feelings into words.  The spirit was just so strong, and she was just so happy.  She had this huge smile on her face that did not leave once.  She is such an amazing girl that I have grown to just love.  I sat there happier than I have ever been watching as she was baptized and knowing that Brielle was being baptized as well.  I just felt so much joy!  She was confirmed on Sunday and Wow, was that such a special moment.  The spirit was so strong once again as she received the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the blessing that followed brought me to tears.  The promises that were made were so special and the overwhelming feeling of the spirit was indescribable.  

 McKenna and her companion with Kaylan and her sister, Nerrissa, at the baptism.

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have been able to teach Kaylan and get to know her family.  I just love them all so much.  I am very thankful for their example that they have been to me, and their testimonies that have strengthened mine.  I am so excited to continue teaching her sister Nerrissa.  

 The missionaries with Hope Ronne and her daughters, Nerrissa and Kaylan.

I have come to learn more and more each week how much happiness the Gospel truly brings into our lives, how much joy we are able to feel, and how much love our Heavenly Father has for each and every person.  It just amazes me!  Being able to watch as people learn more and more about the Gospel and feel of our Heavenly Father's love for them and how that changes them is such a sweet experience.  

 McKenna's sister, Brielle, who was baptized on the same day as Kaylan, but in Eagle, Idaho.  This collage contains pictures of Brielle with her parents, brother Cole (who baptized her), her grandparents, AND four brothers.

I love this area.  I love the people.  I love the ward.  I love this mission.  It is still one of the hardest things, and there are days that are so difficult, but it is all worth it.  I know that this church is true.  I know that as we make Jesus Christ the center of our lives and strive to become like him, and USE the atonement, we will receive more happiness than we could ever imagine.  I know that He loves us and is aware of us. I love this Gospel, and I love that I have the opportunity to share it.  I love you all!  Have such a great week!

Love, Sister Lake

 "Hugs" candy packages*

*One of our members who is always making this deal about how he can't hug us because we're sisters "hugged" us!  It was super awkward and absolutely hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment