Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday, November 28, 2016

It's getting real...the temperatures are getting down in the negatives

 -2 degrees Fahrenheit!
Hello,

This week was awesome!  Sadly, we received our transfer calls and Sister Johnson is leaving me to be an STL in Anchorage.  Boy, am I going to miss her, but my new companion is Sister Richards.  She came out the same time I did and was trained by Sister Grieve, so I am so stoked!!
 We were tracting and ran into our favorite little girl who was ice skating, so we helped her!   This sweet girl, McKinley, prayed for us every night for about six weeks that we could have a baptism the same day as Brielle's!

We were able to have some awesome lessons this week with some of our investigators.  The first one was the Shareks, who I told you about in my letter last week when we helped the mother unload her tires when I was on exchanges with Sister Grieve, and the spirit was just so strong.  We were able to return and meet with her and her husband this past week, and, once again, the spirit was really strong.  We were able to find out some of the husband's concerns and hesitations with us coming back.  We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and take his concerns and questions to our Heavenly Father.  He just looked at the book and said, "You're right, I'll do it!"  His wife is so ready to join the Church it's crazy.  She was bearing her testimony to her husband.  They promised that they will read the Book of Mormon together and pray to know if it is true.  I am so excited to meet with them again this week and know that if they read that book they will receive their answer.  The Book of Mormon is so true, guys...There is no question about it!

We also tracted this amazing family from Russia.  They were just so welcoming to us.  We tracted them on Wednesday, and then they invited us back the following day for Thanksgiving.  Who does that?!  They are so awesome!  We were able to talk a lot about what we believe in and answer a lot of their questions, and are meeting with them again this week.  It really was so humbling to see how welcoming they were, even on Thanksgiving.  It was unbelievable to see them invite these two girls they have never met before over to their big Thanksgiving meal.  Everyone made us feel welcome on Thanksgiving and just took us in like we were their family.  It meant so much to us!  This area is so great.  My ward is amazing.  I love them so much.   

 One of my favorite families ever...the Whites!  (Their 16-year-old son reminds me exactly of Cole!)

I have been going around with Sister Johnson to say goodbye to everyone, and it made me realize how much I love this ward, how much they have done for us, and how hard it is going to be to say goodbye to them when it comes time for me to be transferred.  I am very thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve here and continue to serve in this area for the next six weeks.  I am also thankful for the opportunity I have had to meet the people that I have and for how much they have blessed my life.  I am also very thankful for the opportunity I have had to have sister Johnson as my trainer; I wouldn't have made it through these first couple of months without her.  Being in Wasilla, Alaska, has been such a blessing.

I am grateful for the knowledge I have of this Gospel and how much it has blessed my life.  I am thankful to be given the opportunity to go out and share with others my belief that the Gospel is true.  I know I say this all the time, but the longer I am out the more I realize what a blessing it is to be here, and what a blessing it is to have this Gospel.  The Church is true.  I love you guys!

Love, Sister Lake 

 Bobby D. Smith let us wear his World Championship cowboy hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment