Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday, November 7, 2016

Sunday, Funday!!

The mission gets better and better each day...seriously love it out here!  This week was awesome.  We were able to have a lot of lessons with less-activities that we have been working with, and we saw the blessings on Sunday when SEVEN less-active members showed up to church for the first time in years.  

Sunday was probably one of the most hectic, stressful days I have had on the mission, but also one of the best days.  So, we woke up on Sunday--both my companion and I feeling so stressed.  We had so many things we had to do today, and we were both overwhelmed.  We went to Ward Council at 8 AM and then came out of the building and our car had been broken into and our wallets were STOLEN--not what we needed in the moment whatsoever!!!  We went into Sacrament Meeting so stressed and not super happy, but as we were sitting there, we saw person after person that we have been working with walk in one right after another, as well as our investigator Marvie (upstairs neighbor) and his son.  We were able to sit on a row with all of them.  The second that Sacrament Meeting started, we sang the opening hymn, and I said a quick prayer and just had this overwhelming, peaceful feeling come over me, and all of my stress and concerns were suddenly gone.  The Spirit was so strong, and everyone there had such an amazing time.  

After Sacrament Meeting, we just had awesome experiences happen one right after the other, and we were able to see so many tender mercies from the Lord.  We saw His hand in the work so much yesterday, and it was such an amazing experience.  We had a family bring one of their non-member friends with them, and all I am going to say is that he is an elect investigator if I have ever seen one.  He is so ready.  We had FHE with him tonight and have the opportunity to start teaching him this week.  I have never been so excited!

Heavenly Father is aware of us.  We are given trials for a reason.  They make us stronger and definitely make us appreciate the good things that happen so much more.  I realized while sitting in Sacrament Meeting, as I was surrounded by these people that I have grown to love while teaching this principle, that I was so stressed out by losing my wallet and worldly things when what truly brings the most joy and happiness, and really the thing that should matter the most, is the Gospel.  Also, as I sat in Sacrament Meeting, I realized that I was surrounded by people who we have been able to help come closer to Jesus Christ, and have helped me in more ways than I can express, and that is worth far more than anything I could ever imagine.  

This church is true.  The Book of Mormon is true.  I have had so many opportunities to testify of it, and I am so thankful for it.  I remember when I first came on my mission, I was terrified to go up to people because I didn't know what to say, and I wasn't clever with my door approaches until I realized that we have the Book of Mormon as one of our tools.  The book is one of the most powerful tools, and as long as I testify of the Book of Mormon, the spirit will be there.  If those people I approach are ready, they will accept it, and if they are not ready, a seed has been planted.  Since I have realized this, tracting and talking to people are what I look forward to because I am sharing what is true and that is all that matters.

Heavenly Father is aware of us and every trial we are going through.  He is there with His arm reached out to us waiting for us to come to Him.  He will help us.  He loves each and every one of us.  I know that this church is true.  I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that he restored the Gospel to this earth.  I know that through the power of God he translated the Book of Mormon.  I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of our Savior Jesus Christ and His pure love for us.  This Gospel is true, and I am so thankful each and every day for the opportunity I have to share it.  Love you all so much!  So thankful for all that you do!  Have a great week!

 McKenna and her companion standing on a partially frozen lake!

Love, Sister Lake 

P.S.  A member in my ward served his mission with my dad.  He was able to find pictures of him back when he was on his mission, and he gave them to me.  I sent my favorite one!  Such a small world.  Good ole' pops throwing up the peace sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment