Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Monday, November 21, 2016

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!

This past week was incredible, especially Wednesday!  On Wednesday, we had the opportunity to go on exchanges, and I this time I was able to be with Sister Grieve in my area.  First of all, it is always so fun to be with Sister Grieve, and second, we had such an amazing day!  We started out tracting; I had a whole different plan as to where we would go, but as I was driving there I felt like we needed to go to Grey Wolf, so we went.  Within one hour, we gave away SIX Book of Mormons, taught SIX lessons and acquired FIVE new investigators!!!  So cool!  We are meeting with each of them this week.  Sister Grieve is such an amazing missionary and is just so bold.  I seriously learned so much from her.  

Sister Lake and Sister Grieve

After that, we went to teach the Ronne family.  We asked Nerrissa how church was on Sunday, and she just lit up.  She talked about how she had always heard her sister Kaylan talk about attending church and never understood why she loved it so much.  So, she decided to finally go this last Sunday and see why Kaylan loved going.  Nerissa said that she finally understood.  She said she just loved it and that she felt so good about it.  We started talking about the Holy Ghost and what He does, and by the end we asked her what she thinks that good feeling was that she felt.  She looked at us and said, "I wasn't quite sure at first, but now I know that I felt the Holy Ghost."  This made me so happy to hear that!  We invited her to pray about the Book of Mormon again, and now that she knows what the Holy Ghost feels like, to look for her answer.  It was so awesome.

Later that night we were able to try to visit one of our less-actives, Jacob Sharek.  We have been trying to get in touch with him for some time now, and we just haven't had much success.  As my companion and I were planning for the next day, we both felt prompted that we needed to visit him.  We knocked on his door and no one was home.  As we turned around to walk away, Jacob Sharek's wife, who is not a member, pulled up.  We started talking with her, and she seemed really stressed out.  We noticed that she had tires in her car, and so we asked if she needed help.  She said, "No," but Sister Grieve insisted, and we helped unload her tires.  She was so thankful.  

She invited us in, and we started talking with her and her mood instantly changed.  We showed her the He Lives video [you can view this video at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqTRSVA1YA] and she just started crying.  The spirit was so strong, and before we knew it we were teaching her the first lesson, Sister Grieve was inviting her to be baptized, and she was saying yes!  We both walked out of there just amazed and couldn't remember anything we said.  It was such an amazing experience.  The spirit was so strong, and she was just so ready.  We have out second lesson and dinner with them tomorrow night, and we are so excited.  This was one of those experiences where you just felt Heavenly Father's hand in all that happened.  It was such a testimony builder that as we put our faith in our Heavenly Father and follow even the slightest promptings that we receive, we will be led to those people who are ready.  This is His work, and I am so glad that I can be an instrument in His hands.  

Overall, we had a good week and are so excited for the week to come.  Crazy to think that I am almost done with training.  Time really does fly by!  I love it here--I really do!  I love everything about a mission, even the freezing COLD weather!  I am so thankful for this opportunity that I have been given to serve a mission.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of this restored Gospel and that I have a loving Heavenly Father.  I love you all and hope you have such a great Thanksgiving week!  

Love, Sister Lake
 Alaska has the most random road names, and this is one of my favorites because whenever we say where we're going we always get so confused!  Haha
 All of my MTC homies on our three-month mark!
 My district

No comments:

Post a Comment